Sunday, April 1, 2012

K-9 Build - Day 32

As I said in previous posts progress has now slowed down a lot.  Most due to finances, you know how life has a funny way of getting in the way...

Anyway, so to keep things cheap (for the moment) I decided in order to give K9 a little motion I would use an RC vehicle.  Now its not ideal and most certainly its not going to be a permanent thing but in order to simple give him a little more life...

I also fixed the control panel a little more and added 2 LEDs for his eyes....

DAY 32 PHOTOS





First test of K-9 in motion


As it is right now, its OK, Im not happy with keeping the motion like this and its pretty clear the RC car event though its a 4WD Hummer struggles a little.  I even kept the casters on there to make movement a little easier.  However turning isnt very good, Ive not taken him outside yet to see how far or how fast he can go maybe later today.  The battery holds a charge for only a short time though....

All in all this is for sure a temporary fix until I can get all the parts needed to make K-9 powerful enough.  Until then.... this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment