Saturday, December 17, 2011

Daleks and a nice cup of coffee...

Tis the season to be "Exterminated", well no its not but still I couldn't resist the opportunity to bake some festive cookies in the shape of the TARDIS or the Daleks.  However, my first problem was I didnt have any Doctor Who cookie cutters.  Second problem, I couldnt find anywhere on the internet where to buy them, so this led me to only one option, to make my own.  Using some old metal Halloween cookie cutters I set to work with a pair of pliers bending a reshaping til finally I had something to work with....

Home made Doctor Who cookie cutters by Paul Bradford
A TARDIS, a Dalek, K9 and two Sonic Screwdrivers...


Dalek, Tardis and K9 Cinnamon and Applesauce cookies
Dalek Salt Dough cookie decorations
How to make Cinnamon and Applesauce Decorations:
 

WHAT YOU NEED:
Cinnamon
Applesauce
Cookie cutters
Cookie rack
Fabric Paint
 

STEP 1: MAKING THE DOUGH.Mix 2 parts cinnamon to 1 part applesauce.
Mix dough into firm ball.
Roll dough out 1/4 inch thick on flat surface.
Cut into different shapes using the cookie cutters.
Make a small hole in the top that you will thread ribbon threw later (I used a drinking straw to make the hole)
Place on cookie rack, bake 150 degree, for 4-5 hours.

STEP 2 : DECORATE
Use fabric paint as icing, the small fine point of the bottles really allow you to get that iced cookie effect
I used ball bearings for additional details but really there is no limit to how you can decorate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment