Monday, December 19, 2011

A touch of... Pinto!

I wanted to bring to your attention a friend of mine, Jon Pinto (www.jonpinto.com) I met him at a Doctor Who event in Florida "Hurricane Who" and LOVED his work.  He's an artist, illustrator and he is a great guy to chat with.  I draw, I paint and I make stuff so Im always checking out other peoples work and this guys illustrations really caught my eye.  Unfortunately, I was busy when Jon and his wife had to leave however when I returned to my table I found this on my seat:

Illustration by Jon Pinto
In addition to this there was Star Trek, Red Dwarf, The Mercury Men, Sherlock... the list goes on... There was even a Peter Cushing print that I was particularly fond of.

In fact I loved the work so much that soon after the convention I contacted Jon in regards to perhaps coming up with a design for myself and Scotts tour of the US next year, we plan to do Ghost Hunts and meet n greets all over the US, anyway back to  he story, so I spoke to Jon and his first question was when do I need it, to which he got the worst response any artist can get, "I need it ASAP" so he got to work, after a couple of weeks I recieved a couple of sketches and he wanted to know which way we wanted to go... Bad Ass or Scooby Doo



Naturally, we (Scott and I) went with Scooby Doo a week or so later I got an email with the final piece and I couldnt be happier, honestly I gave Jon free reign, "make it fun, make it yours" is what I told him and he exceeded my expectations.

The Official 2012 Tour Poster Designed by Jon Pinto
Seriously, check out this guys work at http://www.jonpinto.com he's done work for Disney, Universal Studios as well as he's the guy who drew the M&M guys...

Jon, Myself and Scott at Hurricane Who: Category Two Orlando, Fl. Nov 2011


For more details of the Paul Bradford and Scott Tepperman Tour check out: http://www.facebook.com/ddtour2011

No comments:

Post a Comment