Friday, March 9, 2012

K-9 Build - Days 7-8

Not a lot getting done right now, the wind is having a major effect on me getting out there to work on K-9.  I dont have a fancy workshop or garage to work in so I have to basically work when the weather lets me.

With that said I did get a bit done yesterday and even managed to mock up most of the build.

Both my bellows for the tail and the ducting for the neck turned up yesterday and so I decided to see what it would all look like....

So here's the latest set of photos:

DAY 7

These are where the ears are gonna sit



The tails, part steel rod part antenna
 DAY 8






Side Note: My wife texted me saying she was at Joanne's (a craft and fabric store) so I send her a photo of K-9s collar and asked her to keep an eye out for something similar.  Heres what she found.....

...Perfect

Now all I have to do is turn it in to the collar.


Buttons for the control panel:
so before I said that I may have found a cheaper alternative to the $12 buttons at BGMicro, well unfortunately they were way to big.  So it got to searching again and managed to find the exact same buttons as before but at a fraction of the price.

The company is called CPC components ltd. - https://cpc.farnell.com still based in the UK though so I need to get them sent to my Dad or something and he can ship it out to me in the US

APEM - A0161B - 18X24MM LENS RED
APEM - A0161C - 18X24MM LENS AMBER
APEM - A0161F - 18X24MM LENS BLUE
APEM - A0161E - 18X24MM LENS GREEN

APEM - A0101X - 18MM LATCH P-BUTTON 18X24

total will still run about $50 for the 12 buttons/switches plus the right colour lenses but if something worth doing its worth doing right. 


Paint

So I went with a sort of Gun metal colour spray, its metallic and a nice colour BUT when I brought K-9 in to the house last night he looked black, so today I think I'm gonna go get a different colour.  Ideally I'd like to go with the 'School Reunion' colour which is a silver/blue but finding that here in Tucson is proving quite the task for me.  Again this maybe something Im going to have to simply find online.

Quick Update:

I just found a spray that I believe to be perfect for the 'School Reunion' silver/blue that I wanted. I decided to check out AutoZone and I found 'Light Metallic Blue' that after I sprayed on the body it looks beautiful.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment