Schedule details on the the year ahead have been revealed at the 2013 London Toy Fair.
According to the BBC Worldwide banner, after Series 7 Part 2, there will be just one 60-minute anniversary special alongside the 90-minute docudrama in the Autumn. No Series 8 or further episodes. Curiously, there’s no mention of a Christmas special this year either.
The 2013 line-up:
- Series 7 Part 2 (8 Episodes / Spring 2013)
- 50th Anniversary Special (1 x 60 minutes / Autumn 2013)
- An Adventure in Space and Time (1 x 90 minutes / Autumn 2013)
- Doctor Who Revisited (11 x 25 minutes / throughout year)
Doctor Who Revisited refers to the BBC America premieres of classic stories. They are showing one story from each Doctor, beginning 27th January with Hartnell story the Aztecs.
Further activity throughout the year:
- Launch of Doctor Who website in January
- Doctor per month retail campaign on Amazon and Forbidden Planet
- Monthly BFI screenings and Q&A sesssions at BFI
- Royal Mail stamps in March
- Major presence at Comic Con, San Diego
- Partnering with the Science museum on co-branded products and activities
There is also a wealth of toys coming out (including Clara figures, Big Ben/London Underground invasion set, Ice Warrior, Weeping Angels, Union Jack Dalek, Dalek hoverpod, 2013 design Cybermen, iconic scenes collectors sets).