Monday, June 11, 2012

K-9 Build - Week 12

Today has been the first time I've done anything with K-9 since returning from Phoenix ComiCon, 2 weeks ago.

So what else can I do, well ultimately I want K-9 to have a voice, but in the meantime I wanted to make his head bob up and down as well as get the 'eye' scanner to extend and retract.

Well Ive managed to install BOTH, however as of right now they arnt remote controlled.  I'm going to have to order some servos and micro switches but as far as progress is concerned I feel that i got a lot done.

The head motion uses a wiper motor that I picked up from http://monsterguts.com

 Product Information
  •    12 VDC has high and low speeds
  •     High Speed @ 12V: 53 r.p.m.
  •     Low Speed @ 12V: 38 r.p.m.
  •     High Speed @ 5V: 21 r.p.m.
  •     Low Speed @ 5V: 15 r.p.m.
  •     Working Torque - 3.98 foot pounds (5.4 N m)
  •     Static Torque - 13.27 foot pounds (18 N m)
  •     Full Load: 2000mA @ 12VDC, 1080mA @ 5VDC
  •     No Load: 1020mA @ 12VDC, 780mA @ 5VDC
  •     Click on the "More Images" link beneath the picture above to view where to connect to the  terminals for high and low speeds.
  •     The workhorse of electric props. Used in many animatronics.



It actually only cost me $17 and does the job perfectly

The Eye Scanner was an electronic antenna I bought off eBay from China, again pretty cheap.  Using some tape to stop it fully retracting I managed to get it working, again not Remote Controlled yet but it is working.

Week 12
Head Motion





Eye Scanner


The wires and such need to be tidied up a bit but that can wait til I get the servos and switches....

1 comment:

  1. Looking great there! Very impressed young chap. Maybe I'll send you my K-9 for a refurb!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete