Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"I won't be leaving any time soon" - Matt Smith

Although it was reported back in January that Matt Smith had no intention of relinquishing his role as the Doctor, rumours have continued to circulate the internet. 

This morning on the UK television show Daybreak which is broadcast on ITV, Smith explained "It's a thrill playing the part. I don't want to give it up anytime soon. We have a whole season to make and a Christmas special as well, so I won't be leaving any time soon." 

Smith went on to say "We'll get this season out of the way and see where I'm at. I take it season by season and I take the job day by day because there's no other way you can do it."

Last year it was announced this this coming season was going to be rocked by the departure of Amy and Rory actors Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill 

Talking about their departure from the show, the Doctor Who actor said "It is sad for me, she's a great friend, and creatively I have a really interesting relationship with her and Arthur, but the show is bigger than any of us." 

So fans of the show can now rest easy, safe in the knowledge that this Time Lord is here to stay 

Rehearsals began at the beginning of February for the new season which is due to air this Autumn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment