Saturday, August 4, 2012

Matt Smith: 'Eccleston Could Return to Doctor Who' *SPOILERS*

Matt Smith believes Christopher Eccleston would be up for a return to 'Doctor Who', and he would love him to.

Continuing from Thursdays news about Christopher Eccleston maybe being up for a return, this comes in from an interview with Matt Smith for Esquire Magazine

Matt Smith thinks Christopher Eccleston would return for a 'Doctor Who' special.

The show celebrates its 50th anniversary next year and it has previously been speculated a special episode featuring as many of the surviving actors who have played the Timelord would return, and though Christopher - who had the lead role for one series in 2005 - has distanced himself from the programme, its current lead star thinks he would come back.

Asked about the possibility of the seven surviving Doctors returning, Matt said: "It's a [good idea], yeah. But that's easier said than done I would have thought."

"Chris will be alright. Well, I mean, who knows? I'd love it. I'd love him to come back."

Matt is a big fan of how Christopher portrayed the Timelord and thinks his own character would lose in a fight to him.

He added: "I love his Doctor. I really do. He was from Manchester. Proper hard. Leather jacket. He'd give my Doctor a bit of a whopping, wouldn't he?"

So, more fuel to feed the flames.  I'm sure theres going to be all sorts of speculation and rumours flying about until the specials begin next year but I cant help but hope this happens.  I've always been a big fan of the Multi Doctor story lines, the 3 doctors being probably one of the first episodes I ever watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment