Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What the cool Geeks are wearing: The Sonic Mark VI by Steve Thomas

 
Todays $10 t-shirt deal of the day over at Teefury is this Doctor Who themed design - themed shirt called “The Sonic Mark VI” by SteveThomas 

The sale began this morning at 00.01 EST and will continue until midnight tonight where this design will no longer be available on this site.  And like most DW themed shirts its already become a 'Popular Item' based on only the sales of the past few hours.

Heres what the artist had to say:

This design came about through a collaboration with my brother. I’ll admit the most I remember about the show is the old trippy theme and opening sequence (at least back in the 80s or 70s reruns, not sure which). But I’ve been intrigued by the show’s growth in popularity. Plus I like sci-fi, time travel and robots. But getting back to the design, we wanted to do something a little different. We decided on a product logo/ad for a sonic screwdriver. I chose this version and my brother told me it was the Mark VI. He basically wrote all the text and I ran with the art part of it. We hope you like it.


So what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment