Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Moffat Denies Rumours of Doctor Who Movie.... AGAIN

Steven Moffat has again gone on record saying there is not going to be a Doctor Who movie, while Harry Potter directer claims there will be.... its the rumour that doesn't seem to want to go away.  There seems to be a constant back and forth between Moffat and Harry Potter Directer David Yates.  While Yates claims he will be directing the movie, Moffat says there is no movie.

"There isn't a film. That was all some weird fantasy going on somewhere," Steven said.

He adds: “That whole proposal was not true, did not happen. I can say that with authority because, as far as the BBC is concerned, I’m the voice of Doctor Who. So if I say it, it’s true. The BBC own Doctor Who and, for the moment, I run it for them. So I can assure you definitively that was all nonsense — not the idea of making a film, we’d love to make a film, but the idea of a rebooted continuity, a different Doctor. That’s writing the book on how to destroy a franchise. You don’t behave like that with it. Not ever.”

Asked if David Yates is involved, Moffat replied: “I don’t think he was ever signed to it. I never signed him, so he’s not. But I think he’s [expressed] an interest in doing it and he’s a very fine director and I think he’d certainly be someone that would be on the list for directing such a project. I’m a big fan of his. But the project as he describes it would not happen. It was all a bit more off the cuff than it seemed to be.”

Steven said there would "hopefully" be a film at some future date, and it would star whoever was playing The Doctor at the time.

"It will be absolutely run by the Doctor Who production office in Cardiff. It will feature the same Doctor as on television."


No comments:

Post a Comment