Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ever wanted to snuggle up with a Dalek?

For a while I've wondered when they are going to release some DW plush toys and in September Underground Toys did just that.  Their first series includes two Daleks and a TARDIS,  I did read that there will be a second series around April 2012 which will include a White and Yellow Dalek but not sure what else, my wife is hoping for a plush Ood at some point.

Now the TARDIS is fantastic, the light flashes and you get the materialisation sound but the Daleks I was a little disappointed with, as a plush toy they are great BUT the sounds are from the first gen NSD, one of the sounds even says "You would make a good Dalek" I'm sure everyone would like to know they would make a good Dalek but these are supposed to be the new Paradigm Daleks but the voices don't match.  Yes for a kid I'm sure this is fine and does it really take anything away from the fact they are plush Daleks? no not really, its just disappointing...

So apart from the sound issue that I have with these, I think they are great.  Hopefully with the new release in April they will change the sounds.... I'm sure I'm not the only person to have picked this up and its the second time Ive been a little disappointed by a DW release, it seems they are perhaps rushing to flood the market before the Doctor Who craze fades away when they really should take just a little longer to perfect the product.

Available from $19.99 - $24.99 at Think Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment